Mother’s Day is just around the corner and the wonderful folks at the award-winning luxury tour operator Jacada Travel have got some very special travel ideas to gift alongside the card and bouquet to that special woman in our lives. From art appreciation, to wine tasting and wildlife encounters, there is most probably something for every mom out there in the southernmost African country of diverse landscapes and cultures—and did we mention—world-renown wines. Gift your mom, or the mother figure in your life, an extraordinary experience this May 13th and take her on a memory-making South African adventure that will last a lifetime.
Cape Town art tour
To celebrate the opening of the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, Jacada Travel has created an exclusive tour showcasing Cape Town’s burgeoning art scene. Visiting some of the city’s best and most interesting art galleries and studios with an expert art guide, guests will get a chance to chat with the curators and artists themselves and experience a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look into the city’s amazing art scene.
The below itinerary complements the upcoming opening weekend of the Zeitz MOCAA Museum, however, the tour will be offered year-round.
Wednesday, 13 September 2017
– Arrival in Cape Town and a leisure day before the weekend of fun.
Thursday, 14 September 2017
– Hotel pickup in the morning and spend the day visiting some of Jacada Travel’s favourite studios in town. Sites of visit include the Bronze Age Foundry (an art gallery and foundry that specialises in bronze sculpture casting), The Stevenson Gallery and What if The World Studio. The day will end with a trip to Lionel Smit’s gallery, where the artist himself will join for a chat.
Friday, 15 September 2017
– Morning visits to the Evergard Read Gallery, Gallery Momo and Liza Grobler’s art studio in Cape Town, followed by a guided tour of Ellerman House’s collection and a la carte lunch at Ellerman House.
– Evening events involve attending the unveiling of the Zeitz MOCAA Atrium followed by a black tie Founder’s Dinner on the museum roof.
Saturday, 16 September 2017
– First viewing of the numerous exhibits at Zeitz (the museum will house 80 galleries), including the sculpture garden. Access to attend the numerous special talks and performances will be provided.
– Attend another fabulous red carpet event at the Zeitz MOCAA Gala, come evening.
Sunday, 17 September 2017
– Spend the last day in Cape Town enjoying the Zeitz at leisure. The museum will be hosting a farewell “braai” on the museum plaza throughout the day, so be prepare to indulge! All of the museum’s exhibits will be open on Sunday.
Price: Prices start at USD $8,000 per person, including 5 nights at 21 Nettleton and the Platinum ticket to Zeitz MOCAA’s opening Professional and Patron Preview Weekend festivities (which are optional). The Platinum ticket is the second highest tier available for the weekend and includes access to all of the above listed activities.
Four Days luxury safari
For the wildlife-loving art moms (or families), why not opt in for an additional four days luxury safari at Kruger National Park getting up close to lions and leopards? Not so into the arts but love animals? No worries! Simply book a stay at one of the two Jacada properties for an expedition at the Kruger National Park!
Dates: 10 – 13 September 2017
Price: Prices start at USD $6,000 per person including accommodation, private game drives, bush walks, meals, commercial and light aircraft flights. Jacada Travel has handpicked two Jacada Signature Properties, both renowned for their excellence in personalised service and luxury, where guests can enjoy exclusive offers during their stay.
About Singita Lebombo
Perched dramatically on a bluff overlooking the park, Lebombo offers its guests fantastic views across the park. Its strikingly contemporary design acts as a counterpoint to the rugged, undressed landscape making it quite an architectural and design landmark. The large, spacious interiors are dressed in clean whites and feature vast windows which reveal the contrasting landscape outside. A spacious deck area with a long pool for lounging makes Lebombo a superior choice.
– Jacada guests will receive a complimentary stargazing safari with sparkling wine before dinner one evening upon reserving four or more nights at Jacada Signature Properties Singita Lebombo!
About Royal Malewane
In homage to the glamorous and opulent colonial era that is associated with the safari, Royal Malewane modestly and practically recreates this traditional, authentic and very special African experience.
Situated in the Hoedspruit private reserve of 13,000 hectares of Kruger National Park, guests will get a chance to see the wildlife Big Five. Plus, the size of the camp means the game drives are very personal.
– Jacada Guests making new reservations at Royal Malewane will receive a complimentary 30 minute back & neck massage and 15% off any purchase (excluding consignment stock) in the curio shop.
Three Days in the wine lands
For the wine-loving mummies, there is a three days exploration in South Africa’s incredible wine lands available as an opt in or on its own. Explore Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl with a wine expert, and discover some of South Africa’s finest wines on horseback!
Price: *Prices start at USD $1,400 per person including two nights’ accommodation, a private tour of the wine lands with a wine expert, meals and private transport to and from Cape Town.
For details, visit: jacadatravel.com/africa/south-africa/the-winelands.
For more tailor-made tours and itineraries, do visit: www.jacadatravel.com.